Sunday, April 21, 2013

Quilt of Valor

 
A speaker at one of my quilt groups is organizing some quilts to donate to Quilts of Valor.  In addition they are going to display these quilts at the Ferndale, Washington Library for the month of May.  I was inspired to make a quilt for this organization and came across a great pattern in the January 2013 issue of American Quilter.


This is a quilt where you first put together squares, and then using a Lil' Twister ruler, cut the pinwheels and reassemble.  The magazine has a template that can be used to cut the blocks, but since I have the ruler and was interested in using it again, I adjusted the size of the blocks to work with my ruler.

The photo at the top of the page was taken in my studio, but I also wanted to try and get a photo in natural light.  Even though I knew it was too sunny, and there was a bit of a breeze blowing, I got Dave to hold the quilt for me.

2 comments:

  1. Nice job Karen! Turned out great. I especially like Dave's socks & flip-flops combo! He must be a native!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Karen,it's a beautiful quilt.x

    ReplyDelete