Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Heron

(I do have some more dahlia pictures, I'm just waiting for the last plant to bloom and show me what it is.) When I went to refill my coffee this morning, I glanced out the window and saw this real heron contemplating the fake one.
He then decided to move closer, then walk around the pond.
I caught him posing in a sunbeam. These birds are very skittish, so the pictures were taken through my dirty kitchen window with a telephoto lens. Hopefully the goldfish are smart enough to stay deep this morning and not provide breakfast.

2 comments:

  1. Margaret G6:36 AM

    I love how he's checking out the metal one. Nice shots even thru the window. You are becoming a pro!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete