Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Christmas Crafts

 

I have the bug for Christmas crafting, every cute project I see I want to make. 

I’ve been cruising the local craft fairs and helping the economy.  At the first one I went to a woman was selling cute snowmen heads made from golf balls.  I thought Dave would appreciate one of them, but as I was just starting looking at a large show I figured I could come back and get one.  You guessed it, a few minutes later someone came and bought all she had, so I was left with making my own.snowmen

At this point I couldn’t tell you how close to the originals these are, but I like them.  Dave was so impressed with the idea, he wanted some to give to his golfing buddies so I made 10 of them.trees2

These felt trees are pins, they are about 3” tall.  The original ones I saw on a blog weren’t decorated.  I love the plaid tree trunks, a friend gave me a bag of scraps and this wool was in it.

flower

This is another pin, a crochet flower.  My original inspiration was pretty far removed for the outcome, I made this project my own.

ornament 1

The last 2 pictures are some of the ornaments I’ve been purchasing.  I need one for an ornament exchange, I’m not willing to give any of these up so I guess I’ll have to shop some more.

ornament 2