Friday, January 23, 2009

Ducks on Ice

Even though the edges of the pond are frozen, the ducks showed up and ventured on the ice. Usually I put their corn just on the edge of the water (they like a drink with it) but I had to just scatter it on the ice. Yes, there was some cute slippage as they waddled around.
Close up of cute feet. Not the best quality but it was still a bit dark and it's hard to hold the camera steady when cold. This morning the ice covers more of the pond so I don't think we'll see them today, not enough room to land.
Speaking of cold, this evergreen plant sure looks a bit worse for wear. Here I was worried it had outgrown the spot it was in, now it looks like it will need major cutting back, if it survives.
And I don't think I posted a finished shot of the Starry Scarf. I used both skeins of the Noro Silk Garden, it still could have been a little longer, but it's very nice.

2 comments:

  1. That pretty scarf matches your ducks and foliage - it's a very color coordinated post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always enjoy pictures of your ducks. Too bad you can't get some swans. There are a pair that I see occasionally when I go the back way to pick Olivia up at school. One of them is black. They are both beautiful.

    The scarf is lovely. I want to try some Noro yarn soon. Right now, I'm knitting a pair of Fetching mittens for Jenn.

    ReplyDelete