Wednesday, July 02, 2008

More Sunshine

Our sunshine and warm weather continues, I hope I'm not jinxing it, but it looks like we may actually have a nice 4th.

I took this picture on Sunday morning, breakfast on the deck. Didn't quite capture the wonderful quality of the morning light.
New flower blooming, can't remember the name though I know the tag is still in the dirt.

*Update: the flowers are Salpiglossis - Painted Tongue.
These plants were an impulse buy, I had never grown them before but I love the striations in the multicolor blooms.
We're seeing the goldfish more, Dave bought some special food and is regularly feeding them. There are so many and some are getting pretty big. Considering when he threw the dozen 25 cent goldfish from Walmart in the pond I didn't think they would even survive. That was December - a year and a half ago.
Another Peony bloom, there lots that have opened up finally, too soon they will be done.

1 comment:

  1. I would like to know the name of that stripey flower. Are all of the different color blooms on one plant?

    ReplyDelete